PCI Announces the Publication of the New 6th Edition of The Vaccine Handbook: A Practical Guide for Clinicians
The Vaccine Handbook: A Practical Guide for Clinicians (“The Purple Book”) is a uniquely comprehensive source of practical, up-to-date information for vaccine providers and educators. It draws together the latest vaccine science and guidance into a concise, user-friendly, practical resource for the private office, public health clinic, academic medical center, and hospital. The Vaccine Handbook provides:
• Information on every licensed vaccine in the United States
• Rationale behind authoritative vaccine recommendations
• Contingencies encountered in everyday practice
• Advice on how to address concerns about vaccines
• Background on how vaccine policy is made
• Standards and regulations
• Office logistics, including billing procedures, and much more.
The sixth edition is printed in color and contains information updated through early 2017. It contains a foreword by Deborah L. Wexler, MD, executive director, Immunization Action Coalition (IAC). IAC has partnered with the publisher, Professional Communications, Inc. to distribute and promote The Vaccine Handbook and promote its updated iOS app from IAC.
About the Author: Gary S. Marshall, MD, professor of pediatrics, University of Louisville School of Medicine in Kentucky, serves as chief of the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases and director of the Pediatric Clinical Trials Unit. In addition to being a busy clinician, he is nationally known for his work in the areas of vaccine research, advocacy, and education.
2017 • 6th Edition • 592 pages • 978-1-943236-09-1 • $34.95